Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Wonder and Whimsy-Clarksville TN Children Photographer

So let me start this blog post off by announcing to the world that I have the most AMAZING husband in the world. He would do anything in this world for me.

Last spring he was freshly home from a year long deployment to Afghanistan only to be faced with months of school out of state, and I was just starting business up again after taking two years off. In the mean time we did what we always do and braced for the days and weeks we would be separated again. While he was gone I continued taking on new clients and he studied his time away.

Mid-summer I had an awesome lady contact me about doing a cupcake session. Little did I know while talking back and fourth with her I never imagined that I would become such great friends with her. Even better was that our husbands worked and were deployed together. To make a long story short she had this amazing playhouse that I was extremely jealous of. So after what seemed like a billion years she shared the plans with me, pretty much because she loves me.

So what does this have to do with my husband you ask? Well by this point it was August and hotter than heck here in TN. He came home from his last out of state school and he was home about two hours and we were gone to Lowes and Home Depot to buy the supplies to build this wonderful playhouse for my fall sessions and for our children to play on when I wasn't using it for work. He never even questioned building it. Not the cost, not the time and not even the heat.

So in August construction was underway at the Stanley house. It started with a lot of cutting that would slowly form a platform/floor of the house. I think my kids would have loved to just have the floor. For two days after the floor was constructed they danced and sang like it was a personal stage in our backyard.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





Then we had the crooked walls to put up. I say we, when it was really all him. I couldn't stand the heat and decided building the playhouse together was for the freaking birds.


Photobucket





Photobucket





After the walls were constructed and all attached to the base we put the roof on. I dont have pictures of the roof being constructed because there were lots of scrapped wood and tons of curse words. LOL Making a crooked/slanted roof is harder than it looks. (Notice Erin my AWESOME sidekick and the third functioning piece of Stanley Family Photography)


Photobucket





Photobucket





Little did I know that all of this was the FAST and Easy part. It only took around a month for him to build the house. He did it in his free time and on the weekends. Did I mention he did this when it was 110 degrees everyday? Yeah that too!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





It seemed like it took forever to get the walls on. I just wanted to see the shell of it complete. I am a very impatient person. Those who know me are laughing, but it is true I want what I want and I want it now. Personality flaw? Maybe. ;)


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





Did I ever mention that my sweet husband shot a nail through his finger while making the playhouse? Yes that means actual blood, sweat and curse words went into building this amazing house.

Cedar Shake Roof!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





And almost complete and ready for use.


Photobucket


Photobucket





And its first use.


Photobucket





The moral of the story is my husband is AMAZING and in return I have this awesome prop to share with my clients. So what about fall sessions at mi casa again this year?















No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'The Lake' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP